[theora] Segmentation Fault

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Sat May 30 08:11:31 PDT 2009

On May 30, 2009, at 2:46 AM, j at v2v.cc wrote:

> does it also crash if you add --nosubtitles?

It does not. Subtitles are not important to me so I did not build
libkate. Reviewing my build log shows "Could not find libkate.
Subtitles support will be disabled", which is fine by me.

Do I need to recompile with libkate even though I have no plans to use
subtitles, or just always pass this --nosubtitles option? It seems
that, if subtitle support is disabled and a source file contains
subtitles, that the software should not crash in this way.

FYI: I didn't know about this --nosubtitles option because it isn't
listed when running ffmpeg2theora --help . Are there others similarly
not listed?