[theora] streaming theora in flash

michel memeteau michel.memeteau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:48:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz> wrote:

> I think I will just continue converting things to FLV and hope more
> browsers will support theora, maybe through some plugin at least.

Soory but I think you shouldn't :

there is a way to play theora on every browser/platform combination, but
your need a bit of javascript to detect the best way to do it.

A great project that have achive it is Itheora. it's a simple javascript
based php script  that you can easily use to embed your video.

Check out http://theorasea.org and see the great exemple on
http://itheora.org/?p=screens

It works on platforms where flash won't such as powerpc/linux

--
Michel memeteau