[theora] streaming theora in flash

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Wed Jun 24 11:04:48 PDT 2009

Hi,

I managed to get my own FLV videos working over the web:

http://certik.github.com/record/

it plays in the opensource flash player (flowplayer), but I have to
convert theora to FLV (you can use the script in the package above).
My question is, does anyone know if it's possible to get theora itself
working? I know firefox3.5 will be able to do it, but I am afraid that
will be the only browser, so I think flash will stay as the only
crossplatform way to handle videos.

I think I will just continue converting things to FLV and hope more
browsers will support theora, maybe through some plugin at least.

Ondrej