[theora] [gst-devel] Mozilla & gstreamer

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jun 18 05:13:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 17:33 -0700, Michael Smith wrote:

> Additionally, gstreamer does NOT have capture plugins that actually
> work reliably on mac or windows (there are some, but not of high
> quality), so there would be a lot of work needed there anyway.

In the grand scheme of things, this seems to be a rather minor issue,
especially seeing that the basics are there already and people clearly
have managed to make this work, e.g. in commercial videoconferencing
software based on GStreamer.

> Though I think gstreamer is a good platform, it seems a poor match for
> mozilla's needs on both the technical and legal levels

Care to elaborate a bit on *why* you think that? (in particular why it's
a poor match on a technical level)

 Cheers
  -Tim