[theora] oggz-chop gives segmentation fault

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Jun 16 19:21:29 PDT 2009

2009/6/17 Ondrej Certik <ondrej at certik.cz>:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Conrad Parker<conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:

>>> It's here:
>>>
>>> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/ondrej/scratch/video/ondrej.ogv
>>>
>>> But I am still uploading, ETA: 42min.
>>>
>>> Maybe you can regenerate the segfault even with the partial file in
>>> there. Thanks for looking into this.
>>
>> ok, I tried this with liboggz HEAD and with the latest release
>> (0.9.9). Neither of these segfault, so I think it might have been a
>> bug in an older version, now fixed.
>>
>> Please try with a more recent version of oggz-chop, and let me know if
>> that works for you.
>
> Right, 0.9.9 works, but it doesn't produce any output:
>
> $ which oggz-chop
> /home/ondrej/usr/bin/oggz-chop
> $ oggz-chop -v
> oggz-chop version 0.9.9
> $ oggz-chop -o yt1.ogv -s 0 -e 500 ondrej.ogv
> $ ll yt1.ogv
> ls: cannot access yt1.ogv: No such file or directory
>

> am I using it the right way?

hmm, yes you are, but I can't reproduce that failure:

$ which oggz-chop
/home/conrad/usr/bin/oggz-chop
$ oggz-chop -v
oggz-chop version 0.9.9
$ rm yt1.ogv
$ oggz-chop -o yt1.ogv -s 0 -e 500 ondrej.ogv
$ ls -l yt1.ogv
-rw-r--r-- 1 conrad conrad 59548832 2009-06-17 11:17 yt1.ogv

can you help with debugging to see where it is failing on your system?

Conrad.