[theora] python bindings to libtheora

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Sun Jun 14 15:10:18 PDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 4:42 AM, <j at v2v.cc> wrote:
> great, will be use full for some things here.
>
> attached a patch to add setup.py to build and install with distutils.
>  python setup.py build
>  sudo python setup.py install

Many thanks for the patch! It's now in. How can I install theora, so
that pkg-config knows about it?

I installed into ~/usr/ and I cannot find any .pc files. The only
files I found are in /home/ondrej/ext/libtheora-1.0/theoraenc.pc
(where I installed theora from), but those doesn't seem to be updated
about the installation:

$ cat /home/ondrej/ext/libtheora-1.0/theoraenc.pc
# theoraenc installed pkg-config file

prefix=/home/ondrej/usr
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: theora
Version: 1.0final
Requires: ogg >= 1.1
Conflicts:
Libs: -L${libdir} -ltheoraenc
Cflags: -I${includedir}

So since:

$ pkg-config --exists theoraenc theoradec
$

returns nothing, the setup.py fails:

$ python setup.py build
pkg-config could not find theoraenc theoradec: check PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Ondrej