[theora] python bindings to libtheora

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 03:24:00 PDT 2009

> Currently it can read any ogv file (that seems to work quite well) and
> also encode to ogv (this mostly works, but there are some subtle
> issues to be fixed, I suspect I still have some bug in the way I half
> the dimensions of the Cb and Cr planes, so when you read ogv and write
> ogv, the resulting image is not exactly pixelwise exact).

If you are decoding to YUV, and reencoding, I think it's unlikely you'd get
the same exact result.

Also, in the thread you linked, you used ogmmerge; while I have never
used it, ogm files are said to be a kind of bastardized ogg, so I'd try
oggz tools from liboggz (eg, oggz-merge), which are quite good for
handling Ogg streams. Also oggz-validate can check your input streams
for common problems, to check if the source program's buggy.