[theora] Safari 4 Plays Theora/Vorbis

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 20:38:20 PDT 2009

Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> I am the current implementor of <video> at Opera, but am sending
> this from by private email address as I happen to be subscribed
> here since way before working at Opera.

> No, unfortunately Opera 10 won't have <video> support. However, we
> hope to have more labs builds as soon as we have something new to
> show. As for enthusiasm about Theora I assure you that it's there, it
> is currently just about the only option compatible with the open web platform.

Thanks for clarification :-) BTW, any prediction when

- 10 final comes out (the last without Theora)
- 11 alpha (with Theora support) comes out

> > point I was making is that once Opera does it will likely be Theora only
> That is likely, and I'll be at http://openvideoconference.org/ to say
> some more on the issue.

:-)

> The faster every browser in the market
> gets <video> and Theora, the faster IE will be forced to support it.

I don't care too much about IE, I just hope to be able to view
and download videos without the JS+flash mess ...

BTW, will Opera be able to view videos with JS off ? FireFox AFAIK
can without Flash but JS still must be on :-|

--