[theora] Safari 4 Plays Theora/Vorbis

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 10 09:01:48 PDT 2009

Sounds good.  Yea I think apple could be converted... Its important that
we campaign around supporting free codecs ... if everyone has a
fall-back to h264/mp4 then apple will see little need to ship support.
(yes I am aware that I run the metavid.org site with flash fall-back but
this was setup in a pre-firefox 3.5 environment we are looking at
drooping or de-prefacing flash fall-back where high quality ogg
solutions are simple to install and run)

Perhaps the petition could include IE / Microsoft at the same time.

Although all of this may be somewhat of a waste of time since
politically it make little sense for Apple or Microsoft to help
accelerate the decline of their platforms.

--michael