[theora] Fwd: cutting (audio) stream stored in ogg (vorbis encoded)

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 08:44:20 PDT 2009

On 6/7/09, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
> vcut from vorbis-tools (it's not built by default IIRC, you'll have to
> make in the vcut directory).

vcut is now quite stable and enabled by default.

As soon as I manage to find time to put the new version of the toolset
out, there'll be windows binaries as well.

While I have recently praised the Theora C++ tools, one cannot compare
a tool completely geared out for Vorbis cutting and a generic tool.
The former will always be better.

Speaking of generic tools, oggzchop is also pretty good for cutting files.

-Ivo