[theora] XiphQT pre-release builds

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 05:42:18 PDT 2009

Jason,

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Jason Self<jason.self at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, for some testing on a more modern machine, I tried to run this
> video:
> http://content.stridegum.com/mattsDownloads/Dancing2008_720p.mov.zip
>
> (Actually, it appears to happen with every video I've fed to it; I'm
> just providing a reference.)
>
> I got a message that said
> Failed: An invalid sample description was found in the movie (-2041)
>
> I've been able to learn two things:
> 1. If I turn off encoding the sound, it works.
> 2. This also happens with version 0.1.8 as well, so it's not new to
> this version.

I couldn't reproduce. Did a clean install of the latest binaries, but
at the default settings (without actually touching the setting dialogs
at all) the file you referred to encodes fine. (Other issue is that
the resulting video encoded at full 720p resolution is hardly playable
with QuickTime as the data is highly fragmented, but that's a material
for a separate post).

Can you let me know what (sound) encoding settings did you use?

Thanks,
Arek