[theora] macro block artifacts of ogv file converted from mpeg(libthusnelda I 20090527)

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:10:31 PDT 2009

> is a problem when i convert some mpeg files to ogv with

One thing you can try in such cases is to split the action in 2 steps:

1. Decode MPEG or whatever into YUV4MPEG
2. Encode YUV4MPEG into Theora

So if there are problems you can check the YUV4MPEG file (regrettably MPLAYER
does not play all YUV4MPEG's well and VLC seems not to support this
format at all).

> In the future you may want to use zip or tar for sending files

+ 7-ZIP format for compression

--