[theora] Add an intro to a theora file without re-encoding?

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Tue Jul 21 03:23:24 PDT 2009

Hey Michael,

> I still have a problem with oggSilence... When I ask for a 6s duration,
> I get 05.942s instead.

> Why not just *exactly 6 seconds*? That's what I had with "vcut" from
> vorbis-tools.

I am not to familiar with vorbis. I used the code example from theora encoder. As far as I see, there is no mechanism, to tell the vorbis encoder to flush the last few samples this seem to be the problem, but I am not sure. I'll gonna dig into the api, to solve that ...

> If I recall correctly, oggCut also had the same problem, not cutting
> exactly at 6s (even after your last fix). Is there anything we disagree
> about?

No, that was a problem with the muxer (the code, that creates the packet to pages conversion for the ogg container).

- Yorn