[theora] problems streaming theora with oggfwd and icecast2

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sun Jan 18 11:11:31 PST 2009

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Pierpaolo gullˆa <sviluppo at audiias.com> wrote:

> I used ffmpeg , and ffmpeg2theora , with oggfwd for streaming to the
> icecast2 streaming server without any problems.
>
> But now , only works if I use ffmpeg2theora.

You don't say how it doesn't work. Is there anything in the icecast
error log? (besides the spurious "not a speex file" warning?) If you
get a stream but it doesn't play, try downloading a segment with wget
and checking it with oggz-validate. If you can't get a stream through
icecast, try oggz-validate on the output of ffmpeg.

This sort of thing is more-or-less why ffmpeg2theora exists. Any
particular reason you prefer not to use it?

HTH,
 -r