[theora] Theora Workshop

Laurent Fraisse lfraisse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 05:58:49 PST 2009

Wikipedia should eventually have a link pointing to a comprehensive and
evolutive wiki (Workshop), but it is not meant to provide more than a
generic directory for the various technical points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theora#Encoding
This a perfect example of what in of you can and should find on wikipedia.
External links to tutorials, or internal link to directory page on wikipedia
listing the external link, is what we should think about IMO.

Spot on, ogg.k, we need simple HOWTOs showcasing promising tools and
explaining how they work. The basic user should be interested in newer
functionality. The geeks are eager to learn how to work with an open-source
format and they will eventually find the info they need, digging in forums,
newsgroups... We just can't expect a consitent user base to do this.
There's a critical user-base we need, and the Mozilla move to promote Theora
means we have to lay the groundwork for mass market evangelism when FF 3.1
comes out.

Keep sending your remarks, I'll compile the various points to review next
Tuesday.

Laurent