[theora] Theora encode/decode performance is poor with resolution 640X480

Maik Merten maikmerten at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:56:25 PST 2009

Hello,

enabling or disabling MMX should make a very noticable difference. If
this doesn't seem to be observable then chances are that for whatever
reason the MMX codepath isn't used. What compiler are you using?

Make sure you have ti.quick_p enabled during encoder setup. Another
thing you may try is configuring the encoder to use the fastest
speedlevel available (at the time being this is speedlevel 2). See
http://people.xiph.org/~maikmerten/speed_example.diff as an example of
how to accomplish this.

Maik