[theora] Http adaptive streaming for html5

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at mozilla.com
Mon Dec 28 08:46:21 PST 2009

On 12/23/2009 2:51 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> I think the sequential switching stuff should as much as possible be
> hidden away from the client and be a server-side thing, exposed to the
> Web as a single resource. Other than telling the server what bandwidth
> it is currently receiving, the client should not need to do anything,
> IMHO. Not sure how that can be done other than something like what
> Apple proposed.

Just FYI this is what everyone is doing today and based on the (bad)
experience that people are having with it flash, silverlight and others
are all moving to doing this client side.  It's easier to make the
client a little more complicated in order to make it easier to deploy
and complex servers.

--Chris