[theora] Theora encoder performance

Mircea Gliga mgliga at integrasoft.ro
Tue Dec 8 23:27:13 PST 2009

    With all the measurements I've done with the images from my webcam (
the API
calls: /th_encode_ycbcr_in/ and /th_encode_packetout/ take *80 ms *when
there
is a lot of motion from the webcam ), I've come to the conclusion that I
can only
encode around 10-12 frames/sec without any other image processing ( YUV
conversion, etc).