[theora] Indexing Ogg files for faster seeking

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Dec 2 04:03:30 PST 2009

>>> Anyway - I love the work and I want it moved forward. Let's sort out
>>> the details.
>>
>> Yes lets! What is the process to getting this "blessed" by the community
>> and an official Ogg standard? What's the process?
>
> Mostly it's discussion and general agreement here. If enough people
> care about it, they will speak up - also for or against including it
> into Skeleton. If not, code and persistence wins against the
> indifferent. ;-)

Yes, and I'm back from paternity leave and paying attention again
(catching up).  I like what I see so far and all the points I've
thought of reading along, someone has brought up in the course of the
conversation.  I might have more in a bit when I'm done reading.

I have the feeling that this should be part of giving the Skeleton a
more prominent place in the docs and on the developer site in general
to begin pushing it a little more aggressively.

Monty