[theora] Introduction

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Aug 29 11:42:04 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Basil Mohamed
Gohar<abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org> wrote:

> Thanks Ralph.  Any specific versions (like all that betas, or just the
> most recent one)?  Can I pull the code from SVN, or should I use the
> tarballs?  If from SVN, which revisions?

I'm most interested in timing differences between the 1.0 release and
the current svn trunk. Decode speed, and encode speed in the default
constant-quantizer modes, and comparing those to the new constant
bitrate and two-mass modes. It would also be nice to have timing on
both 32 bit and 64 bit machines if you have access to both.

Thanks for taking an interest!

 -r