[theora] Black borders on resized videos

Torrance torrance123 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 17:37:08 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I've been playing around with Beta 2 of ffmpeg2theora, or rather the
macosx build provided at http://firefogg.org/nightly/

Thanks for all the hard work - its great to see some really noticeable
improvements.

I have one bug to report: upon resizing (down) all manner of content
(all h.264, however) I am noticing thin black borders - about 4 or 5
pixels large, sometimes just on one border, sometimes on more than
one, and apparently random in the side on which they appear. Besides
being annoying, the presence of the borders also destroys the feeling
of 'crispness' of the transcoded video by introducing a fuzzy external
border.

Is this bug known?

Thanks,
Torrance

P.S. I can provide examples both of the commands given and the
resulting videos if necessary.