[theora] theora Digest, Vol 63, Issue 10

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:32:00 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 3:57 PM, mysoogal<contact at mysoogal.com> wrote:
> thanks for the link could you please tell me how to put together two pass
> encoding for windows.
>
> using the new build. I'm afraid the 2 pass encoding command I used on the
> earlier version didn't work on the new build it says something about bit

The command you gave to the earlier version did not do two-pass
because the earlier version did not have two-pass.

> rate. so I'm looking for samples for new commandline Thusnelda version
> with new options explained.

ffmpeg2theora  --two-pass -V 1234 inputfile.avi

Where 1234 is your intended average video bitrate in kbit/sec is a
normal command-line for two-pass encoding. The file inputfile.ogv will
be the output.

Two-pass can also be done using two distinct steps with --first-pass
and --second-pass, but you shouldn't need to do that if you're simply
transcoding from a file.