[theora] A big 'Thank you' to the developpers

Hannes Hauswedell theora.list at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Fri Aug 7 07:51:32 PDT 2009

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for going in to detail about 2-Pass encoding. So if I understood
correctly 2-pass does provide better subjective quality, not only better
approximation of target file size, right?
So similarly to encoding xvid or x264 to an average variable bitrate of
800kbps, where two-pass enables a better adjustment of the bit-rate to
the needs of the current frame, this is now possible with theora, too?

That would be great news for movie-archiving, where the actual kbps
don't matter, just the file-overall-average...

Thanks for being patient with questions like this ;)

Regards,
Hannes