[theora] Thusnelda Video Quality

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 1 22:23:19 PDT 2009

On Wed, 1/4/09, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Remco <remco47 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Michael Dale
<snip>
<snip>
>For most content producers the 'cost' of compatibility dwarfs >other
>factors.  Quality? Who cares about quality if it doesn't even >*play*?
the content producers are then feed the market to maintain this monopoly
<snip>
>Take a look at areas where free formats have achieved >widespread
>adoption: Still images (JPEG, for example), Hypertext (HTML), >etc.  In
>these areas proprietary formats receive no air. Even though >superior
>proprietary alternatives exist, virtually no one bothers to >use them
>because compatibility is the 'cost' that matters most for >almost
>everyone, not quality.
<snip>
hang on, that not always true
MPEG1 ISO/IEC 11172 (MP3)
MPEG2 ISO/IEC 13818
MPEG4 ISO/IEC 14496
they are all standards witch I can find the document by googling, but I have to pay for the license to use that standard :(

tom_a_sparks

but instead use OpenDocument File Formats or
use OpenOffice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org

      The new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7: Faster, Safer, Easier.