[theora] Theora 1.0 RC1
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves
justivo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 16:17:37 PDT 2008
Fellow Theora users,
For long you have waited for the stable release of the official
implementation of everyone's favorite video format. Well, this is its
Release Candidate, and you are hereby invited to play around with it
as much as you want.
Here's what's new since beta3:
- Merge x86 assembly for forward DCT from Thusnelda branch.
- Update 32 bit MMX with loop filter fix.
- Check for an uninitialized state before dereferencing in propagating
- Remove all TH_DEBUG statements.
- Rename the bitpacker source files imported from libogg to avoid
confusing simple build systems using both libraries.
- Add VS2008 project files.
- Add explicit casts as a work-around for Solaris's cc ignoring the
signedness of bitfield types.
- Set quantization parameters to default values when an empty buffer is
passed with TH_ENCCTL_SET_QUANT_PARAMS.
- Split encoder and decoder tests depending on configure settings.
- Return lstylex.sty to the distribution.
- Disable inline assembly on gcc versions prior to 3.1.
- Remove extern references for OC_*_QUANT_MIN.
- Make various data tables static const so they can be read-only.
- cpuid assembly fix for MSVC.
- Remove ENCCTL codes from the old encoder API.
- Implement TH_ENCCTL_SET_KEYFRAME_FREQUENCY_FORCE ctl
And here's what you should especially test:
- Build and run on SELinux systems
- Build and run on Solaris
- Build documentation
- Encode complex movies to check if new feature
TH_ENCCTL_SET_KEYFRAME_FREQUENCY_FORCE isn't causing problems
Your help testing those items is much appreciated.
Finally, here's the source packages:
- Bzip2, http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/theora/libtheora-1.0RC1.tar.bz2
- Zip, http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/theora/libtheora-1.0RC1.zip
More information about the theora