[theora] Page breaks when encoding ogg/theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jun 10 21:47:21 PDT 2008

On 10-Jun-08, at 8:20 PM, Claus Höfele wrote:

> Is there anything obvious you guys could point out to me? I'd
> appreciate some hints; I've spent quite some time to solve the
> problem to no avail.

Not off the top of my head. Not looping to drain all the accumulated
pages is the most common mistake, and you seem to hav covered that.

That does oggz-validate say about your file (command line tool from
liboggz)? Can VLC play it?

Also, make sure you're correctly handling the return code from
ogg_stream_pageout() correctly.

If you still can't get it to work, post a file and I'll take a look
and see if anything's wrong with it. There were apparently problems
with DirectShow playing the Ogg files on the Big Buck Bunny DVD.

  -r