[theora] Portable Theora Player

Bram Neijt bneijt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:18:17 PDT 2008

I can only come up with some suggestions, but they might help.

a) Linux on a portable player, if you can modify it you might be able to
get Theora on it one day. Try digging around in video playback on
devices like:
  - An iPod with linux on it (I have no idea wether this is already
done)
  - The opensource game console, GP2X: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GP2X
  - The upcoming OpenMoko neo freerunner: http://openmoko.com/

b) Something which will cost you much more, but probably will be
workable:
  - A PocketPC with VideoLan player support (like Zaurus, YOPY) etc.
  - A full blown thing like the Nokia Internet Tablet (N800)
  - An Eee PC?

I haven't looked into the specs to see if any of these things work or
are even possible, but you might be able to find some user experiences
on this.

Good luck! I'd be happy to hear of the results.

Bram