[theora] Encode a normal stream in to black & white video

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Jan 17 03:21:25 PST 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 1:29 AM, Asanka Dilruk <adilruk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>        Can we encode a normal stream in to black & white video using
> exsisting encoder_example in theora_beta2.

Yes.

>         Is it required to change encoder_example  file  to  do that?  So
> please guide to do that.

If the input is encoded as 4:2:0 YUV4MPEG2 (black and white would use
the Y plane and both U and V would be blank) then no modification is
needed.  If you want to feed the video as a single (Y) plane (or any
format other than YUV4MPEG2), you'll need to modify encoder_example to
parse the new format.

Monty