[theora] handheld theora video camera wish list

John Kintree jkintree at swbell.net
Fri Aug 15 07:17:03 PDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 09:11 pm, Tom Sparks wrote:
> What would your wish list be for a handheld theora
> video camera?

First, I like the idea, and the features you listed below.

Second, there has been talk that shortly after the release of
theora 1.0, there will be a theora 1.1 that will not be backwards
compatible.  Knowing that breaking compatibility is not to be
done lightly, I trust that Monty is confident that the
improvements in the quality of the codec that will come with
version 1.1 will be worth that break.  Anyway, anyone planning
on developing hardware should take this into consideration.
John Kintree