[theora] Cortado java applet

Hannes Hauswedell theora.list at soulrebel.in-berlin.de
Mon Sep 17 09:54:00 PDT 2007

> You  can also use Itheora , a simple php script that allow you to easily
> give content to Java  & x-ogg enabled browsers
>
> http://menguy.aymeric.free.fr/theora/index.php?l=en

yeah, i just wanted to say that. ITheora is quicker on my systems and it
allows watching without java if your default media player (or browser e.g.
opera, maybe firefox in future) supports it - which is definitely required
since all working versions of java are still non-free software.

ideally ITheora could detect whether the default media-player oder browser
supports theora-playback and only use the built-in java player if that is not
the case.
would be nice if one could embed some example videos (e.g. "elephants dream"
trailer) in this plug-in on  theora.org so that visitors of the page can see
theora "in-action" .
what do you think?

greetings
hannes