[theora] Marketing stuff

David K. Gasaway dave at gasaway.org
Mon Sep 10 17:26:58 PDT 2007

On 10 Sep 2007 at 21:16, Maik Merten wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I took the liberty of quickly slamming together
> http://www.theora.org/benefits/ . This is supposed to answer the "why
> should you use Theora" question in some detail.

"The Theora specification is in the public domain, its reference
implementation is open source and subject to a license which permits
inclusion in commercial products."

I believe you mean "proprietary" here, as even copyleft licenses permit
commercial products.  Of course, the Theora FAQ commits the same error.

Overall, this document seems geared toward developers, content
producers, and distributors - not much information for general users.
Is that what you intended?

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: dave at gasaway.org