[theora] Problem for creating continous streaming and viwing in a webpage

Pierpaolo Gullˆa airteknology at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 11:14:38 PST 2007

Hi guys

I'm using Icecast , Ezstream for creating my Webtv for creating a
continuos streaming of some files
In the filename filed of Ezstream xml configuration i put a simple m3u
playlist.

My problems begin when ezstream begin to encode and stream the second file:

If a use a system player , like Vlc or totem , the stream it's continous
, if I use a web player like Cortado or Itheora , they stop to play when
ezstream change from two file (for exampl from the first to second)

How I can solve my problem?
If you see visonair.tv ( see http://82.165.31.84:443 ), they use icecast
how streaming server , and cortado . On their site the stream with the
Cortado it's continous!

They don't put a big pre-encoded theora , but do real time streaming!

How I can do the same?
The "secret" it's to use a relay server?

There is another system for create continous stream of some files
instead of to use ezstream and a m3u playlist ?

Thansk a lot

Br

Pierpaolo