[theora] example sources

Charles Mason charlie.mas at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:42:34 PDT 2007

On 5/1/07, Kostas Kostiadis <kos at climaxgroup.com> wrote:
> Am I right to assume that there is no example player for win32 yet?

I am not sure if this is of an help. But my company has been using
Theora on windows in C#,  we had to create a .Nat / Native Code
interface library. We have a sample player for that although its
written in c#. All of this is open source and released on our web
site. We have called the library AMPE its still in its early stages
although it does work fairly well.

http://labs.kissintelligentsystems.com/AMPE/

The sample player uses OpenGl for the video output and OpenAl for the
audio. Both are fairly seamlessly corss platform. The sample player
uses a OpenGl shader to convert between YUV and RGB. It does provide
av sync and keyframe aware seeking.

That said the sample player is quite straight forward. If you just
want an example to look at it would probably be esier than looking at
the source to a full blown video player app like VLC.

I hope this helps.

Charlie