[theora] Opera proposed Theora for native video playback in browsers

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:31:54 PST 2007

These are awesome news indeed, especially because we were trying to
get a free software (aka Firefox) to do the same.  No one was
expecting a proprietary browser like Opera to consider it.  Let's see
if they'll really pull this one.  I for one will switch to Opera if
they do so.

However, I'll mention that one of the Opera developers, Anne van
Kesteren is against the adoption of Theora as an Internet standard, as
I have seen stated in his/her blog, and in his/her comments on a W3C
thread about video on the web.  Not that it means anything, but I had
to mention it.

-Ivo