[theora] streamnik server and frontend published

Yorn yorn at gmx.net
Sun Feb 25 10:11:23 PST 2007

Hi all,

I would like to announce the very first version of the streamnik project.

The streamnik server and the streamnik-php frontend can be found at:

http://www.streamnik.de/download.html

Some Features:

- The streamnik server is build up in clean C++ and uses very few dependencies
(actually only commonC++ and mysql).

- It is optimized to run on very limited servers (e.g. virtual servers). I
experimenced file access delays of more than 5 seconds (caused by NFS
access ??), so I implemented a lot of caching mechanisms.

- It can handle multiple different streams and provides video streaming for a
lot of clients. The definition of this streams and the programm is defined in
an sql-database and can be changed on runtime.

- You can add previews at the start of a stream (e.g. for advertisements).

Feel free to try out - and have fun ;-)

Yorn

PS: It's not easy to set up the server, please be prepared for that - and read
the README file. If you have any further questions, just drop me a mail.