[theora] This is a sad day for interoperability in the Web

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 10:20:24 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com> wrote:
> As I see it, we would like to offer a Qt4 application that would work
> on most operating systems with a simple drag&drop interface to convert
> files to our formats (Theora, Vorbis, Speex, FLAC, etc.).  However,
> nobody here is available to work on this right now, which leaves me to
> hire someone from outside to do so.  And we need funds to hire
> someone.

I did a ffmpeg2theora frontend in Qt4 a while ago, it runs on linux
and I started a basic port on windows:
here is the linux page: http://p80.free.fr/katiuskapagina/
the windows page: http://p80.free.fr/katiuskapagina/katiuskawindowsport.html
it shouldn't be too hard to compile it on MacOS and implement the drag
and drop thing with Qt4.
I don't have time to work on it right now though.

(this was my first C++ project so don't expect the best code ever :-)
but it's in Qt4 so it should be readable)