[theora] This is a sad day for interoperability in the Web

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 10:30:03 PDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Daniil Kolpakov <dan at riga.lv> wrote:
> Sorry, buf Flash != Web.

Sorry, but the Internet disagrees with you.  If you have nothing
worthy to post to the discussion, please don't post at all.

On 8/21/07, Charles Iliya Krempeaux <supercanadian at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the Theora case... It shouldn't be too difficult to do something quick
> and dirty on Windows.
>
> Use the ffmpeg2theora Windows binary... and create a C# GUI program that
> uses "System.Diagnostics.Start" to run it.

Yes, but that would be Windows-only.  Not to mention that nobody here
programs in C#.

> I'd say Theora creation on the Mac... with seamless integration into
> Final Cut Pro and iMovie is something to shoot for.

Yes, you know, we do want software out there to easily create content
under our formats, but, we have no control over those programs.  Only
their developers may do so.

-Ivo