[theora] Extension .v+ogg does work

S. A. A. Allen manager at atshop3d.com
Mon Oct 23 05:00:59 PDT 2006

I can only advise as many people now that having non alphanumeric
characters will confuse many network-based applications. While many
browsers can translate escaped sequences, many media players - can't - and
may fail  to recognise the filetype. This is an absolute important factor
to consider if we all want OGG formats to rule the world.

Having a unique extension is great, but only if it is universal, which is
why the MP3 is just so flippin popular.

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:47:41 +1000, <j at v2v.cc> wrote:

> .v+ogg is just not going to work, it is not url save, there is no benefit
> in having + in the extension whatsoever.

S. A. A. Allen
http://www.AtShop3D.com/