[theora] conference talks

Pau Amaro-Seoane all.i.pebre at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 00:02:54 PDT 2006

Hi Ralph,

| Cool! I'd like to, but these don't appear to be Ogg theora files.
| They're OGM vorbis+divx3 files. If you do a re-encode I'd be
| happy to though.
I am a bit puzzled... what's the difference between OGM vorbis+divx3
and Ogg theora? Is OGM vorbis+divx3 free software? Are files encoded
with OGM vorbis+divx3 smaller or larger? And can a default GNU/Linux
installation play OGM vorbis+divx3 files?

The point is that I want people to be able to download the movies and
play them without having to install _any_ commercial codec. Do OGM
vorbis+divx3 files accomplish this requisit?

BTW how did you find out they are OGM vorbis+divx3 files?? I had no
idea... I asked computer support to encode the raw data into theora
ogg...

| Gravitational Wave astronomy rocks! :-)

I find it interesting too, that's why I spent 100% of my time working on
that :)

|  -r

Pau