[theora] New theora streaming service

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:16:00 PST 2006

Hello Yorn,

On 11/4/06, Jörn Seger <joern.seger at uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Am Samstag, 4. November 2006 19:18 schrieben Sie:
> > Hello Yorn,
> >
> > When I click the "Programminfo URL" link... the page it takes me to
> says:
> > "Sorry, you can't load this page directly".
>
> OK, that's a problem with the URL, it does not work in a browser. You need
> do something like "open with" and than choose your player, or copy of the
> link and past it into your player. However, your player must be aware of
> ogg/theora/vorbis (for windows mediaplayer use Zen's great plugin at
> http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/ or use the VLC player
> http://www.videolan.org/)

That link was actually returning HTML code that contained that text -- that
contained the text: "Sorry, you can't load this page directly"

Although... that link doesn't seem to be there anymore.  That "Programm"
page seems different.

For your problems with the Cortado-player: do you have a firewall?

Yes, I have a Firewall.

(I'm at a different place right now, but it has basically the same firewall)
but it works now.

So... maybe there was some kind of network problem before.

The Cortado
> plugin is loaded from port 88 and not from port 80. All other media is
> streamed through port 80 (the usual webbrowser port).

The port number wouldn't matter.  It only blocks which direction TCP (and
UDP) traffic gets initiated.

See ya

Regards - Yorn

--