[Theora] ffmpeg/ffmpeg2theora &vhooks

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Mar 14 11:49:15 PST 2006

Hi,

> Hi theora-list,
>
> I'm involved in in a project to redistribute C-SPAN's floor footage
> from the US house and senate that we're capturing and converting*.
> This footage is in the public doman, however there's a C-SPAN overlay
> which is a registered trademark - we're having to overlay a "public
> domain" graphic on top of it.  We're currently doing this with
> ffmpeg's vhook functionality.  We ultimately need this footage to be
> in theora, because we're using annodex to index the footage. So - a
> couple of questions:

Feel free to knock me down if you think it's outside the realm of
possibilities, but you may want to take a look at Flumotion -
http://www.flumotion.net/

The current overlay it has is some text with some graphics for the xiph
logos, but that's easily changeable - in fact we have a component that
does this that we could push into flumotion if people think it's
interesting.

This way you could do your capturing, archiving, overlaying and
streaming from one system.

Thomas

Get off that stuff, she said
And I'll stone you instead