[theora] Theora & Vorbis on your mobile phone

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Wed Jun 28 06:08:21 PDT 2006

I have an implementation for Windows Mobile 5 phones, ie O2 Atoms, new
IPaqs and Axims (plus a few others) (ie the ones running WM5 not the old
ones which run PPC2002/2003). (I guess slightly more pocketpc's than
strictly phones, but they are phones too)

Source is in svn, svn.xiph.org/trunk/oggdsf (same source as the desktop
builds, just different build settings) (the oggcodecs_wm5 solution file)

Some early builds (not properly released yet), so expect bugs. I take no
responsibility if you install these and something breaks!

The first one lets you seek in windows media player, but large files
take a while to load, the second one there's no seeking but files load
fast. That's one of the things to be ironed out before a proper release.
Should also work over http (provided you have enough bandwidth) but
that's not very polished... but works ok on my Atom using wifi to
connect to my wireless router/adsl modem. I've done this in my own test
apps, but I can't remember if i tried it in WMP yet.

http://www.illiminable.com/temp/oggcodecs_wm5.CAB
http://www.illiminable.com/temp/oggcodecs_wm5_no_seek.CAB

Not sure if there's a midlet i know about. There is a java applet
(cortado) that might be a starting point. I think there is a symbian
player, i know the libraries at least work on symbian so there should be
a player, but i'm not sure where, or what it's called.

Zen.