[theora] New around - some questions (Cortado, editing Theora)

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Jul 5 14:39:00 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 12:01:08AM +0200, Valentina Messeri wrote:

> well cinelerra can import ogg, and, although i'm not used to use ogg
> as source, i can say it works great  (depending on ogg sources
> quality, of course)

Yes, this it true of pitivi as well, and diva (currently subject to
frame size/rate restrictions). I was just attempting to distinguish
general editors and their ability to import/export ogg theora from
a theora-specific editor which, if it existed, could implement best-
effort quality when dealing with already-compressed streams.

 -r