[Theora] Re: Muxing a52/ac3 and Theora

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Mon Jan 30 14:21:32 PST 2006

Nuclear Bob schrieb:
> Is there a program currently available that will correctly mux a52/ac3
> streams and theora streams into an ogg container?  I've tried
> oggzmerge, and it will mux ac3 into ogm and correctly create a new ogm
> from an existing theora file, but it doesn't seem to put the two
> together correctly.

AFAIK the Ogg container could do that fine, but that's not the purpose
of Ogg. Ogg is a free content distribution standard, and you should take
care to only use the compression formats which are allowed/ment to be in
Ogg.

For your purpose, you can use MKvtoolnix/mkvmerge
(http://mkvtoolnix.matroska.org) and put your Theora stream into the MKV
container. matroska is a general use container and not ment to be used
for content distribution, so its the perfect solution for your own
files, using a combination of whatever compression formats you like to
use for them.

Christian
matroska project admin
http://www.matroska.org