[theora] theora editing

Yorn yorn at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 04:14:58 PST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006 10:26 schrieb Thomas Vriet:

> how do I convert theora files to ffmpeg ??!
You mean converting theora files to mpeg or other formats?

if you compile ffmpeg with theora support you can do that with the usual
ffmpeg commandline.

look at the ffmpeg configure script help
--- schnipp (./configure --help) ---
  --enable-libogg          enable Ogg support via libogg [default=no]
  --enable-vorbis          enable Vorbis support via libvorbis [default=no]
  --enable-theora          enable Theora support via libtheora [default=no]
--- schnipp ------

There is only a decoder implemented, so you can only go the direction:
theora -> other format and not "other format -> theora" (which gap is closed
e.g. by ffmpeg2theora)

Yorn