[theora] ogg movie out of png pics

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Aug 28 09:27:03 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:54:13PM +0200, All Pebre wrote:

> mencoder "mf://*.png" -mf type=png:fps=5 -vf spp,scale -ovc lavc -o
> output.avi

You can output to yuv4mpeg instead of avi and pipe that to the theora
encoder_example; that doesn't waste any time or quality. See for example
http://people.xiph.org/~j/ogg-theora-microhowto.html

You could also do this with gstreamer 0.8, but apparently multifilesrc
still needs to be ported to 0.10. :/

I had no idea imagemagick was growing ogg support; very cool. Although
unless they fix their architecture it still won't be very useful; the
last time I used it for making mng animations it loaded all the images
into ram at once, which only works for small clips.

HTH,
 -r