[Theora] Streaming Theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Sep 21 20:48:05 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 11:24:51AM +0800, Zhang Yong wrote:
> I think this is a good idea. There are some issues need to solve:
>
> - Scalablity codec: encoding once, decoding scalablly according to the
> bandwidth

I didn't understand what you meant by this in your earlier question. Do
you mean scalability by filtering the encoded bitstream before sending
it over a lower-bandwidth network connect, or scaling decode quality
once the bitstream is received to adapt to available CPU resources?
Or something else entirely?

> - Stream multicast

There's work in progress on the xiph-rtp list to develop an RTP payload
spec and associated codebook transmission for IP multicast and similar
applications.

FWIW,
 -r