[Theora] Simple Video and Audio Recording ???

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun May 15 11:16:26 PDT 2005

Hello,

(This is yet another newbie question.)

My goal is to record Video and Audio, from a webcam and microphone, and
record them in ogg format. (Using Theora and Vorbis.)

I'm aware that I can use video4linux or video4linux2 to get the video. And
use various API's for audio. And can use APIs like GStreamer to do the
encoding, etc. But, if possible, I like something a little more "higher
level". Something that takes care of any audio/video synchronization issues.
(But perhaps, in ignorance, I'm over simplifying things.)

Is there anything like this currently out there? I.e., is there a simple
tool, API, or Library, that I can tell it to "record", and it just does it?

TIA

See ya

--
Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.