[Theora] Video and audio not in sync

Ivan Popov pin at konvalo.org
Sun May 1 08:53:10 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 01, 2005 at 03:46:00AM -0400, Sal Valente wrote:
> > Is that a problem?  Output to some lossless codec (or very high bitrate
> > MPEG-2, etc.), then encode from that file into theora.
>
> Ah ha.  That works sometimes.  "mencoder $file -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=ljpeg -oac copy -o mencoder.avi" generates a giant correct
> fixed-fps avi file.  Oddly, "ffmpeg2theora mencoder.avi" doesn't quite
> work.  It generates a .ogg file where the video starts a second after

Hi Sal,

did you try to run theora-encoder on the mencoder result?

It is a lot more robust on files which mencoder produces,
compared to ffmpeg2theora.

I used it successfuly several times with similarly "problematic" files,
though I used the default lavc codec (divx?) as the intermediate one.

Regards,
--
Ivan