[Theora] VFW Codec

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Feb 9 12:49:26 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 01:46:12PM +0100, Florian Geyer wrote:

> I'm currently writing a real time video conferencing tool for Windows and I
> want to use the Theora Library for this purpose.

Cool. What protocol?

> My questions are:
> 1.) is there a vfw implementation of theora

Google turned up this link, but it seems to be a bit experimental:

http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/ffdshow

> 2.) if no, can I bundle the VP3 vfw codec that's available from On2's
> website with my application

In theory no. However, we have builds from the source after the license
was changed that you can use. Of course, that would be VP3 and not theora. :)

Note also that we're working on an RTP payload format for theora. You
might be interested in reviewing/contributing/implementing if you're
working on conferencing stuff.

  http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/theora/doc/draft-kerr-avt-theora-rtp-00.txt

HTH,
 -r